Civil Discourse Event Series: Compassionate Communication Workshop
Join us for a stimulating event series focused on Civil Discourse, featuring a panel discussion on human dignity, an art exhibition of work by photographer Stevan Maxwell, an exploration of civil discourse with Dr. Maureen Neal, and a thoughtful discussion about compassionate communicate with local teacher Kelly Hass.
Compassionate Communication: Tools for Better Understanding:
Connecting to ourselves and each other empathetically and communicating effectively are the basis of creating peace in our world. Compassionate Communication offers tools that anyone can use: It only requires one person to try it and it promises better connection, understanding and the dissolution of conflict. In this workshop, you will learn and practice these transformational skills and lay the foundation for a more empathetic and peaceful connection with your world and the people in it.
About the Presenter:
Kelly Hass is a local teacher and compassionate communication enthusiast. After reading Marshall Rosenberg's book Nonviolent Communication, Kelly became inspired by the power this work could have not only in her daily life but especially in schools. After attending her first workshop, she was struck by the impact of this transformative approach and was immediately hooked. Since then, she ahs completed multiple trainings including an 8 month, 200+ hour intensive Trainer Development Program in Nonviolent Communication.
Civil Discourse Event Series Schedule:
- March 15 - May 10: Faces and Voices: Homeless in America Photography Exhibit by Stevan Maxwell - Central Library
- 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 17: Myths and Facts of Living Without Housing hosted by Grand valley Peace & Justice - Central Library
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, April 17: Human Dignity for All Panel Discussion - Central Library Community Room
- 5:30 - 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 25: Civil Discourse Exploration with Dr. Maureen Neal - Central Library Community Room
- 6 - 7:30 p.m., Monday, April 30: Compassionate Communication with Kelly Hass - Central Library Community Room
- Monday, April 30, 2018
- 6:00pm - 7:30pm
- Central Library Mesa Room, Central Library Monument Room
- Central Library